1. Keep up a composed attitude. Live in harmony with your environment. This will make you younger in age.
2. Read good books at least an hour a day, it is an exercise to your brain cells.
3.Learn the art of listening. It improves your understanding of other person’s views, ideas, points. Tolerance to others views is a virtue. Never interject when someone is talking. It reveals your inappropriate behaviour. “We have two ears and one mouth and we should use them proportionally.” The word 'listen' contains the same letters as the word 'silent'
Don't argue; as arguments, more often are driven for ego satisfaction and to prove that your egoistic points are right; but always discuss in a way which is meant to find/ learn truth. Discussion is an exchange of knowledge; argument an exchange of ignorance. ~Robert Quillen
4. Don't use unparliamentary language as that corrupts your soul and saps vital energy. The belief that usage of unparliamentary words makes you a hero is ill-founded.
5. Good people do good things because of the good in their hearts. Bad people do bad things because of the evil in their hearts. Your words show what is in your heart.
6. Don't shout in discussions as others are not hard of hearing. Sound doesn't compensate lack of substance in a point. High sound makes you emotional and raises your BP
7. Talk only truth and facts. Don’t make up things or say imaginary things as actual incidents. Others can see you through. Once a word has been allowed to escape, it cannot be recalled. ~Horace
8.Never make personal comments or hurt anyone. Have a cordial relation with the members of the group and this will enhance the energy of the group.
9.Whatever you say in the dark will be heard when it is day. Whatever you whisper in a closed room will be shouted from the housetops.
10.Talk kind and consoling words to those who are in difficulties and in depression. Encourage them to be brave and give them hope and confidence.
11. A kind answer soothes angry feelings, but harsh words stir them up.
We should become a model group and an example for others to emulate.
12.The real art of conversation is not only to say the right thing at the right place but to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. ~Dorothy Nevillpe your paragraph here.
“To live is not sufficient. We need also the joy of living and the Joy of life requires Health. Above all, we need the health which embraces the body, the mind and soul.” -ALEXIS CARREL
Walking is one of the easiest and most profitable forms of exercise.
BENEFITS OF WALKING
Burns calories. Strengthens back muscles. Slims your waist. Easy on your joints. Strengthens your bones Lowers blood pressure Shapes and tones your legs and butt. Cuts cholesterol. Reduces risk of heart disease, diabetes, & more Reduces stress. Better Sleep. Improves outlook on life. Can be done almost anywhere. Requires no equipment. AND it's Free
1. Pl. walk on the left half of the path. You have to leave half the width of the path for speed walkers to walk fast, over taking you.
2. Pl. walk at your own pace as everybody has got his own rhythm.
3. Pl. walk at least 4 days in a week.
4. Drink 5 to 6 litres of water every day.
5. Keep your head straight. Look forward and swing your hands freely.
6. Let your walking be fitness walking, i.e. walk at a reasonable pace.
7. If breathing becomes difficult, you need to rest a while and then restart after relaxing.
8. Walk at least 30 mts. in a day.
9. Relax in your mind.
10. Enjoy walking.
E C J Augustine June 18th, 2013
RAJEEVNAGAR WELFARE ASSOCIATION